Aspen Grove is hiring for a part time Executive Director. Please see the Job Description below, or download the PDF here. If you are interested in applying, send a Letter of Interest and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 30th, 2019.
As the only not-for-profit preschool in Nederland, Colorado it is Aspen Grove Community Preschool’s mission to provide quality Early Childhood Education (ECE) in an inclusive environment which unites children, families, teachers, and our community. Our environment, literacy-based curriculum, and experiential approach encourage children to explore, inquire, and express themselves through language, movement, science, art, math, dramatic play, and music.
The Director role is a part-time position responsible for the overall management of the organization, including program development, resource allocation and business operations. The Director establishes clear goals and direction for the organization, inspires and leads a diverse team of professionals, advises and informs the board of directors, and champions the organization’s vision, goals, and values.
This position reports to the Board of Directors.
- Lead the strategic operation and administration of the organization. Oversee development, implementation, quality, measurement, and promotion of programs and services.
- Serve as spokesperson for the organization and promote its mission, values and programs. Establish and build strong cooperative relationships with parents, community groups, donors, volunteers, government officials, and the press.
- Lead and inspire staff to accomplish the goals of the organization, and to understand and fully embrace the mission and values. Ensure an engaging climate which attracts, motivates, and supports a talented, diverse staff to effectively execute programs.
- Ensure adequate funds from diverse and ongoing revenue streams to sustain and further the organization’s mission and programs. Spearhead fundraising efforts, including motivating staff, board, and volunteers to embrace and support fundraising goals and efforts.
- Build strong relationships with the Board of Directors and advise the board in governance best practices, responsibilities, board composition, risk management, finance, legal and fundraising. Update the board on programs and funding and communicate any issues with potential to affect the organization and its mission.
- Lead the development, implementation and periodic assessment of strategic planning; including goals, objectives and timelines.
- Direct staff, finance committee and board in budget preparation. Effectively manage resources within budget guidelines.
- Ensure the organization is compliant with relevant nonprofit regulations and is transparent and accurate in all its records and documents.
- Ensure that the organization is compliant with all Colorado Department of Human Services and Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment regulations.
- Stay current in developments and trends in the nonprofit sector and issues relevant to the mission and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Assist as needed with classroom duties including setup, teaching, cleanup, and check-in/check-out.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Dedication and commitment to the organization’s mission and values.
- Experience in planning, budgeting, managing and working with a board of directors.
- Experience in fundraising including planning, prospect development, donor stewardship and grants.
- Experience with grant proposal writing.
- Demonstrated ability to build donor and community relationships.
- Leadership experience in strategic planning.
- Solid knowledge of nonprofit accounting principles and financial procedures.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills including public speaking.
- Outstanding leadership, networking and motivational skills.
- Must be an innovative, strategic thinker with initiative and passion.
- Minimum three years of progressive experience in early childhood education, business or nonprofit management at a leadership level.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university in education, business management, or a related field. Masters degree preferred. Years of professional related experience beyond the required three years may apply towards education requirement.
- State of Colorado Office of Early Childhood Director Certification
- Part-time 20-30 hours per week